Administrative Systems Manager
Starting Pay: $55,000.00 – $65,000 FLSA Exempt
Closing Date: January 24, 2020 Closing Time: 5:00 p.m.
As part of the leadership team for a small, but progressive fire protection district, this position performs a wide variety of financial, human resource, and general administrative functions in an environment that is always dynamic and often fast-paced.
This highly-responsible position will oversee and lead human resource and finance operations for the department, including, but not limited to, payroll, accounting, budget, and personnel related needs. This position reports to the Fire Chief or his/her designee during absences, and exercises supervisory responsibilities. Under limited direction, the Manager performs difficult administrative duties in planning, organizing the activities of the administrative support staff as outlined in the Division’s task list while meeting the goals and objectives of the District.
The position also assists other Divisions in designing and implementing procedures, methods, and programs, and engages in special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s Degree in a related field
• 18 years of age or older
• Valid Washington driver’s license
• Meet insurability requirements of the District’s insurance carrier
• Read, write, and speak the English language fluently
• Three (3) years of administrative, human resources and/or financial experience
• Ability to secure a financial bond
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of BARS cash-basis accounting (budgeting and reporting)
• Knowledge of best practices for Accounts Payable and Receivable
• Knowledge of best practices for internal financial and asset controls
• Knowledge of laws governing public agencies and fire protection districts
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in written form, with varied age groups and audiences
• Ability to prioritize and execute varied tasks and duties
• Ability to oversee office personnel’s tasks for procedure, compliance, and completion
• Knowledge of human resources functions to include new employee set-up, benefit administration, personnel file maintenance, public sector employee collective bargaining agreements and contracts
• Knowledge of payroll preparation, data input, and reporting
• Knowledge of quarterly payroll tax reporting, Labor and Industries workman’s compensation premiums, Employment Security unemployment reporting, and Paid Family & Medical Leave
• Skills to serve as liaison to contracted IT personnel for facilitating work orders
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and completed application.
The cover letter should include a brief overview of length and level of experience in the following areas: • Office Administration (number of employees supervised)
• Employee Benefit Administration (number of employees)
• Human Resources (number of employees)
• Payroll (systems used and number of employees processed per pay cycle)
• Accounts Payable (Estimated number of invoices processed per month)
• Accounts Receivable
• Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Record Retention/Record Keeping
• Other Specialized Software
• Any other specializations/experience that adds to qualifications for this position
Completed applications, cover letters and resumes will be accepted via email or by mail:
South Thurston Fire & EMS
Attention: Employment Opportunity
PO Box 4010
Tenino, WA 98589
• Incomplete or late submittals, received after the closing date and time, will NOT be considered.
• Applicants being considered for this position will be notified by email by 01/24/2020 and will receive information regarding the next step in the process (interview and skills assessment).
• Post-offer pre-employment background check and drug screening will be required.
Questions? Any questions regarding this job announcement or application process send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org